Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Youth Group

O man I LOVE youth group!! we just got new groups and even though i liked my other one this one is also sooo good! maybe it has to do with what we are going to be discussing for the next little bit. We are learning and talking about apperance, friends, and what is going to far in a relationship. God has really made me happy about being able to talk and learn and help others in this area of life. Now a days it seems like we are starting to go back into the 60's way of "if it feels good do it" and i don't want to be that kind of person. God doesn't either and he showed that to me this last week. He told me to buy this magazine bible helper thingy. And wouldn't you know it, it covers all the topics that we are going thru! It even gives me verses from the bible and a story to go with it. Or just some words of wisdome. Thats another thing God is teaching me. For our youth retreat coming up we are going to be discussing alot of stuff in Proverbs so I decided that I was just going to read the whole book. I read the 1st chpeter and in it this was written. (not word for word, just roughly) Wisdom is calling out to you. It is standing in the street and yell at you to listen and take heed of what she has to say. Yet you continue to ignore her. So she will laugh at you instead because you have not listened. When you call out for her she will not answer. But if you listen to her you will not be harmed and you will have wisdom. It also told me to listen to my fathers instruction and not to forsake my mother. I keep reminding myself of that whenever my dad or mom ask me to do somthing for them. It has really helped.
Well thats all for now. I hope God can teach you somthing important today!
xox
sammie

No comments: